Pressure Adjustment Tool added

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pressure Adjustment Tool added

Post  Admin on Mon 09 Feb 2015, 7:54 pm

Right now, the adjustment is per brush. I'm considering adding a global adjustment tool. Do you think if it's necessary?

Admin
Admin

http://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Pressure Adjustment Tool added

Post  esoterica3 on Wed 04 Mar 2015, 3:38 pm

Not if it's already per brush. Would be redundant. Plus brushes are different so applying the same as a "global" wouldn't fit at all.

esoterica3

Back to top Go down

Post  esoterica33 on Wed 04 Mar 2015, 3:50 pm

To be more clear, whether digital or real (analog?), all brushes have their own unique way about them.

You can use many different brushes in the very same way, but you often choose a particular brush for it's particular "feel" for you.

I think that having a "Global" setting for brushes get's away from the very real and unique style that you have developed in this software.

Hope that clarifies my earlier response Smile

T

(I registered, so the system won't let me post under my esoterica3 name until I'm approved)

esoterica33

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 06 Mar 2015, 12:37 pm

Thanks esoterica3 for your comments!

I totally agree with the individuality of each brush as you mentioned. However let me also clarify. The way I'd implement a global knot is that it will work *in addition* to the individual knots. Actually, the reason for the global knot is that different digitizers give a rather different feel. I've always been using a wacom pen, but trying out a n-trig from a MS Surface Pro 3 prompts me for the pressure adjustment knot, as it feels much harder than what a typical wacom gives me.  I now also own a PiPO w5, whose pen feels much softer than a wacom.

A wacom driver has its own pressure adjustment knot - which is just like my proposed global knot. Realizing not everybody has a wacom, seems Expresii's own global knot would be useful.
Admin
Admin

http://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  esoterica333 on Fri 06 Mar 2015, 10:30 pm

I see,

that does make sense. I also use wacom, but my tablets are old, so I don't have the pressure sensitivity that some of the newer ones have.

Guess I'll have to play with both versions LOL

esoterica333

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top