Expresii
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jpg import; running on a Mac (was: Are there layers?)

2 posters

Go down

Jpg import; running on a Mac (was: Are there layers?) Empty Jpg import; running on a Mac (was: Are there layers?)

Post  Kura Ou Wed 18 Nov 2015, 2:56 pm

I tried to ink one of my saved drawings, but the image didn't show up at all. I'm not sure if it was because of the file format or what, but even though it accepts .jpeg, the image doesn't appear. Did I misunderstand when I saw that demo of a professional artist's original work being traced to show the fluidity of Expresii's brushes? Sad Please help.

Also, even though my family's Mac runs on NVIDIA GeForce 750M, Expresii Lite doesn't work in VMware and I get an upgrade driver error. I don't know what's wrong. Could anyone please help me?
Kura Ou
Kura Ou

Back to top Go down

Jpg import; running on a Mac (was: Are there layers?) Empty Re: Jpg import; running on a Mac (was: Are there layers?)

Post  Admin Wed 18 Nov 2015, 10:32 pm

Thanks for your questions.

Expresii doesn't import .jpg. But why it accepts a .jpg? Well, I need to first mention that when Expresii saves an artwork, it saves two files: a .XAW and a .JPG. That .JPG acts as a preview file to the original .XAW file. So, as a shorthand, Expresii accepts a .jpg but it actually opens the .XAW file that .JPG is associated with.

For tracing purposes, please use the Overlay or the Underlay instead. Smile

I don't think VMWare is good for running applications like Expresii which needs OpenGL 3.0+ and also a stylus. I used Parallels, but its OpenGL implementation is not good enough, and that it also doesn't have a proper Wacom driver. I think VMWare behaves similarly.

For using Expresii on a Mac, please use BootCamp instead.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Jpg import; running on a Mac (was: Are there layers?) Empty Re: Jpg import; running on a Mac (was: Are there layers?)

Post  Admin Wed 18 Nov 2015, 10:35 pm

And, sorry I took the liberty to edit your message title so that it's easier for other users to look for topics they are interested. Hope you don't mind.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kura Ou Thu 19 Nov 2015, 12:39 pm

Admin wrote:Thanks for your questions.

Expresii doesn't import .jpg. But why it accepts a .jpg? Well, I need to first mention that when Expresii saves an artwork, it saves two files: a .XAW and a .JPG. That .JPG acts as a preview file to the original .XAW file. So, as a shorthand, Expresii accepts a .jpg but it actually opens the .XAW file that .JPG is associated with.

For tracing purposes, please use the Overlay or the Underlay instead.  Smile

I don't think VMWare is good for running applications like Expresii which needs OpenGL 3.0+ and also a stylus. I used Parallels, but its OpenGL implementation is not good enough, and that it also doesn't have a proper Wacom driver. I think VMWare behaves similarly.

For using Expresii on a Mac, please use BootCamp instead.

I see... Thank you so much for your help Smile

When I'm drawing in another program, such as Paint Tool Sai or Photoshop, what do you recommend I save the file as, then? I think Expresii only accepts the .XAW format, and that's something that only it can create...? Am I mistaken...?

I'll see if I can get BootCamp to run on this then. It's in the App store, correct?

Thank you taking your time to help me Very Happy
Kura Ou
Kura Ou

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 19 Nov 2015, 12:53 pm

Right, Expresii can create new artwork, but it's not for editing from an existing image. Remember, Expresii artwork uses more information (like water and stroke information) then just an RGB image, so it's not possible you start with an existing RGB image in Expresii.

If you need to do some final composition, you can make your artwork in Expresii, and then export it as a .PSD file. From there, you can do your further editing in any image editor that supports the .PSD format.

For using Bootcamp, please see:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201468

Have fun creating~ Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kura Ou Thu 19 Nov 2015, 1:35 pm

Ahhh, I see... I'll just practice a bit before I'm more confident then ^^;;;; Will there be more of a comprehensive tutorial on more of Expresii's functions later....?

OH, wow, I thought it was something I needed to buy XD Thank you so much for the link!

I do have a question about this, though...? Was the "Redrawing Kim JungGi's drawing with Expresii Lite" a demo?

Because it does show the work being fluidly traced, so that's why I was confused on Expresii's functions...

Thank you again for taking your time to clarify everything Smile
Kura Ou
Kura Ou

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 19 Nov 2015, 1:39 pm

It's possible to trace over an image.
For tracing purposes, please use the Overlay or the Underlay. Smile

I will make more tutorials later. Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kura Ou Thu 19 Nov 2015, 1:44 pm

Admin wrote:It's possible to trace over an image.
For tracing purposes, please use the Overlay or the Underlay. Smile

I will make more tutorials later. Smile

Okay Smile Thanks for clarifying that ^^ What formats would Expresii accept so that I can see the image and trace over it, since I don't know what format Kim JungGi's drawing was originally saved as...

And thank you so much >u<
Kura Ou
Kura Ou

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 19 Nov 2015, 1:45 pm

Just click on the overlay button and you will what it accepts. Smile
At least JPG is good. Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down