The First Brush Touch Rarely Applies Paint

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The First Brush Touch Rarely Applies Paint

Post  jfrancis on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 4:04 am

When I want to paint I often find that the first touch of the brush is a false start that does nothing and I have to make a second stroke to begin applying paint. / Windows 10, GTX 1080, latest version of expresii

Any suggestions?
jfrancis

Back to top Go down

Re: The First Brush Touch Rarely Applies Paint

Post  Admin on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 12:36 pm

This is actually by design - when the brush tuft is auto hidden after a little while of idling, the next pen-down only reveals the brush tuft without actually making a mark. And after the tuft is visible you then can start to make a new stroke. I have such a 'wake-up' mechanism in place to avoid user not knowing exactly what mark he's going to make i.e. when not seeing the brush shape.

Note that 'wake-up' step is not applied when you have the UI>Brush Details as 'Dot' or 'None', because I assume you don't want to see the brush tuft anyway. Smile

Given your asking, I'll make the wake-up step a User Option. Thanks for your input!
Admin
Admin

http://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  jfrancis on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 4:05 pm

Interesting. Thank you.
jfrancis

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 23 Feb 2017, 5:13 pm

Okay, please update the app now. I made it so that it doesn't require that extra pressing.
(I think another reason for the previous behavior is that I wanted to have the brush tuft hidden when I examine the painting in details - when zoomed in, the brush would appear big - and I don't want the brush to appear with just a mouse move)
Admin
Admin

http://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top