Expresii
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

access violation error when editing colors in advanced mode

2 posters

Go down

access violation error when editing colors in advanced mode Empty access violation error when editing colors in advanced mode

Post  wujian Mon 20 Mar 2017, 3:17 pm

Hi,

In advanced mode, I came across constant error popups of 'access violation' (see attached screen shot) when I tried to load custom color swatches from clipboard.
The popups jump off one after another until app freezes.
This time the issue should be able to reproduced, so the developer might be able to narrow down for the cause.

Here is my operations:
1, enable advanced mode: App menu - System scroll bar - advanced tab - advanced mode;
2, prepare a color swatch list in text editor, select them and Ctrl + C to bring them into the system clipboard;

for example,

lily-shadow
#308A22
#3E5924
#858D40
#74341D
#F3F3F3

3, Colors - Loading scroll bar - the 4th button with 4 squares - add - import from clipboard;
repeating the above to add more sets.

(You may notice that it's inconvenient to describe the operations as the menus and buttons in the app are not neatly designed and distinguished from one another, though it is another topic.)

I hope the developer can fix it as soon as possible. Color management function is very important for any painting application. I do hope Expresii can grow mature as soon as possible.

WJ
Attachments
access violation error when editing colors in advanced mode Attachment
2017-03-20_144624.png (99 Kb) Downloaded 209 times
2017-03-20_144402.png (65 Kb) Downloaded 203 times

wujian

Back to top Go down

access violation error when editing colors in advanced mode Empty Re: access violation error when editing colors in advanced mode

Post  Admin Tue 21 Mar 2017, 11:05 am

Thanks for your report!
I was trying to reproduce the error using the text you gave, but wasn't able to. Everything works as expected like this:
access violation error when editing colors in advanced mode Color_10

I repeated a few times, adding more color pan sets, and still didn't encounter the error. Did you need to repeat many more times to get such error?

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

access violation error when editing colors in advanced mode Empty I cannot reproduce the error too

Post  wujian Wed 22 Mar 2017, 2:47 pm

Thank you for the reply.
I cannot reproduce the error myself now. Maybe such error only happens when you've been using the app for quite some time? I doubt it Very Happy
Here is what happened after my last post.
I did a factory reset and started a 12x12' artwork, and it had been working fine until I was asked to register again on startup. After registration I found some of my custom color pan groups and all my custom brush loading presets missing. Then I did another factory reset and start testing, but the error simply doesn't happen. What a weird thing.
Maybe a piece of user-end debugging program should be proposed for such situation. Anyway I am not an expert of this.

WJ
Attachments
2017-03-22_142259.png (40 Kb) Downloaded 198 times

wujian

Back to top Go down

access violation error when editing colors in advanced mode Empty Re: access violation error when editing colors in advanced mode

Post  Admin Wed 22 Mar 2017, 3:11 pm

Well, a Factory Reset would clear all the custom settings including custom brushes or pans that you saved. That's what it is meant to do.

And, if you're already registered with a Full key, and Expresii keeps asking for registration, it's probably due to the fact that you're blocked by China's 牆。
For that, we'll update you method to solve the issue on this page http://expresii.lofter.com/post/1d84fe1c_ebde2cc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  wujian Thu 23 Mar 2017, 3:15 pm

The internet blocking was no more pain for me since long ago. After consulting a tech geek, all I needed to do is to flush the DNS cache system wide. Then you need to route your internet via a proxy so Expresii can visit gumroad.com.

wujian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down