problems of Changing canvas dimensions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

problems of Changing canvas dimensions

Post  wujian on Mon 20 Mar 2017, 5:59 pm

Hi,

Here is another bug I found.
If you want to change the paper / canvas dimensions of the current artwork you are working on, you probably run into these issues.

First, your artwork will be cropped i/o zoomed out to fit the new paper size. This makes the function quite useless in my opinion. Imagine you want to change the paper/canvas size in the midway of creation, but you end up loosing part of your artwork. There is nothing different from throwing away your input and start over from a new one.

Second, inputting numbers manually into the dimension fields on top of the popup dialogue box doesn't work. You have to click on the +/- buttons to instruct the application to change the paper size for you. By design the application allows user to input numbers of dimensions. If it doesn't work that way, it should not allow user to manually input numbers there. The +/- buttons there are enough.

This isn't big deal for a startup application, but still misleading for some new users, esp. some photoshop users like me.

wujian

Back to top Go down

Re: problems of Changing canvas dimensions

Post  Admin on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 4:06 pm

Thanks for your report. I confirm it's a bug when entering numbers to those dimension boxes (but if you choose the predefined numbers like 12 or 16, it works). Will fix it soon. (you can tell I mostly only use the +/- buttons to adjust the paper size Smile)

The resize of artwork content would be added at a later time but we can't say when yet. One reason why it's not in high priority is that resampling could lead to bad artifacts. Expresii is not like ordinary image editor. You can output to a very large snapshot even from a small source artwork.
Admin
Admin

http://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  wujian on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:09 am

[Edit] Sorry, wrong thread, I have moved this to the correct thread. Plz ignore this post.
Hi Admin
Please note if you export to png at maximum size (x16), most probably you will encounter errors. I think the reasons are the same.

wujian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top