Getting a matching look when exporting layered psd

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Getting a matching look when exporting layered psd

Post  herrkjeldsen on Thu 07 Sep 2017, 4:17 am

Hi! I'm having a blast with the software, but I can't seem to get a layered psd to look remotely it does in expresii. I need to have the paper texture separate, and the file is generated successfully, but when I open it in photoshop I can't get the look to match. I have tried different blending modes and layer orders as the manual suggests, but the look is still way off Very Happy

Any pointers on how to achieve this properly?

Best,
Marcus
Attachments
comparison.jpg Comparison with normal and multiplied blending modes in photoshop, along with the the original look in expresii.(586 Kb) Downloaded 14 times

herrkjeldsen

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting a matching look when exporting layered psd

Post  herrkjeldsen on Thu 07 Sep 2017, 4:44 am

Ah, with a little more experimentation it seems the granularity (and tint?) isn't included in the layer when exporting to a layered psd. I think perhaps it would be nice with a checkbox for including the granularity, but exporting a flattened untinted version without paper in addition to the psd allows me to composit them correctly in photoshop. It's a functional workaround I guess Smile

Best,
Marcus

herrkjeldsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 11 Sep 2017, 7:24 pm

Thanks for your feedback. We would like to make it as close as the original too, but the problem is:
In Expresii, the Granulation part was done in one pass to the final layer-combined artwork instead of to each of the layers. So, we can't simply output each of the layers with separate Granulation. We could, however, output an extra layer to the .PSD file, just as a Granulation overlay - and hopefully that we can find a blend option to make it close to the original look. I'll let you know when this feature is added. Smile
Admin
Admin

http://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  herrkjeldsen on Wed 13 Sep 2017, 6:19 pm

Allright, thanks for the explanation! Sounds like a smart solution too!

Thanks,
Marcus

herrkjeldsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top