Expresii
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem exporting png from 3 layers

2 posters

Go down

Problem exporting png from 3 layers Empty Problem exporting png from 3 layers

Post  CaliforniaBlue Thu 30 Aug 2018, 12:26 am

I have a piece of work in 3 layers using 64bit program.  When I try to export, it only exports the top two  layers and leaves the bottom layer out.  I have also tried snap down to combine the three layers first.  I can combine them but they don't go to base layer.  Instead they just combine in active layers which means the image blurs.  Perhaps I am doing something wrong but I can't get this to work which is a  problem because I can't print out the final image. Also if I copy to clipboard I just get the top two layers and not the bottom one. Is there something I am doing wrong?  (I have just found an unsatisfactory workaround by exporting each layer separately and recombining in other software the problem being that I had to combine using multiply which isn't quite the same).  I would attach a file but the file size of the.xaw file is larger than allowed.

CaliforniaBlue

Back to top Go down

Problem exporting png from 3 layers Empty Re: Problem exporting png from 3 layers

Post  Admin Thu 30 Aug 2018, 7:27 pm

Thanks for reporting. I tested on my machine, and confirm that this is a bug. I'm sorry about that, and will fix it soon.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Problem exporting png from 3 layers Empty Re: Problem exporting png from 3 layers

Post  Admin Sat 01 Sep 2018, 4:32 pm

Should be fixed now. Please update the app to v2018-90-01. Thanks for your patience.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Problem exporting png from 3 layers Empty export working but a few issues remaining

Post  CaliforniaBlue Sat 01 Sep 2018, 9:38 pm

Thanks, as always for swift reply and action, very much appreciated.  

OK so I have tried out a number of things (this all applies of course to the 64bit version)

1.  Export png seems to work as it is meant to and I get a file which can be printed.

2.  Export psd still seems to have the same problem i.e. bottom layer missing in exported file (not a big deal since the png file is more useful)

3.  The beta '1 file per layer' option only exports first two layers and the not the third. I know this is experimental but would be useful if it works.

4.  Snap all layers seems to work and produce a combined file of all three layers

5.  Snap single layer actually combines the first and third layer and snaps them but leaves a copy of the third layer behind.  Snapping again snaps the second layer with the third layer combined but again leaves the third layer behind.  Hope this is clear!

Anyway the important thing is that three layers can be exported but the snapping isn't working correctly.

6.  Actually just tried this and it is a workaround at the moment.  Hide the third layer.  Snap once and top layer is snapped. Switch on the third layer - it is still there.  Switch it off and snap again - the second layer is snapped.  Finally switch on the third layer and snap - it goes on to the other two.  Can't think why you need to do this anyway because snap all layers does the same thing!  Also they end up snapped in the wrong order although I suppose you could reorder them.

Hope this helps.

CaliforniaBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down