Expresii
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feedback/Questions: Layers, copy/paste, canvas size

2 posters

Go down

Feedback/Questions: Layers, copy/paste, canvas size Empty Feedback/Questions: Layers, copy/paste, canvas size

Post  Moonracer Fri 22 Feb 2019, 2:36 am

I've been exploring Expresii and thought I'd share some feedback on features that seem confusing (either they need work or clarification).

My main hope for using this was for a sort of mixed media function. The results of the ink flow simulation are stunning but the program lacks a lot of functionality of more conventional painting programs. I'd be more willing to look past this if it was easier to bring work back and forth between Expresii and other software.

-The ability to copy and paste layers with transparency from Expresii into others like Photoshop or Gimp. I've tried and copy seems to copy everything (canvas and all).
-I tried copying a layer from Gimp to Expresii and it centered into the canvas with no ability to move or resize. Also no ability to put it in the foreground or background as far as I could tell.
-Having a more precise option for canvas size selection to make it exactly the size of a project in another program might help here also. I think X and Y are just labeled units.

This is just my first impression. Perhaps these functions work and I haven't found out how yet. I'm guessing these aren't common desires of typical users.

Moonracer

Back to top Go down

Feedback/Questions: Layers, copy/paste, canvas size Empty Re: Feedback/Questions: Layers, copy/paste, canvas size

Post  Admin Fri 22 Feb 2019, 12:47 pm

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
- Copy - yes, right now it only copies everything without transparency. It's because the development tool I use doesn't provide an easy way of copying bitmap with alpha channel to clipboard. I'll look into that again and hopefully can get it done in the near future. For now, please use the Export function for output with alpha channel.
- Paper unit. You cam switch to "Precise" user mode (App Menu>System>Advanced>User Mode) and then you will get the option to specify the size with finer grain. Our way of storing information is not simply in pixels so we can't really let you specify your paper size in pixels. However, when you export, you can then specify in pixels.
- Import bitmap as Foreground or Background. When you paste an image onto Expresii, you should get a dialog asking if you want to put as Reference image (Overlay) or Background. Overlay is always above the main layers.
- Import bitmap with positioning. Switch to "Advanced" or "Precise" user mode, and you will get an extra "Ref. Image (Pan)", which allows positioning and scaling (thru numerical specification). I'm sorry but this one only works as background instead of overlay.

Expresii certainly needs more work, and that's why I keep working on it. Thanks for your patience, feedback and support.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Feedback/Questions: Layers, copy/paste, canvas size Empty Re: Feedback/Questions: Layers, copy/paste, canvas size

Post  Moonracer Fri 22 Feb 2019, 1:13 pm

Ah, thank you. I will try those methods out!

Moonracer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down