tutorials needed

Go down

tutorials needed Empty tutorials needed

Post  sanje on Thu 22 Aug 2019, 9:27 am

Hi Expresii,
Your program is great but I am having trouble learning how to control it. It would be very useful to have
step by step tutorials. The ones you have right now dont go over each step. I would like to request making tutorials
that show the different possibilities of the main components
1. Paper ( texture, overall wetness / dryness, localized wetness/dryness, flow,  )
2. Brush  ( wet / dry brushes, evenness, unevenness, how to vary opacity, )
3. color.  ( how to create opaque color, how to create diluted watery color, How to add water to an existing stroke, )
Thank you

sanje

Back to top Go down

tutorials needed Empty Re: tutorials needed

Post  Admin on Thu 22 Aug 2019, 10:44 am

Let me quickly give your answers:

> 1. Paper ( texture, overall wetness / dryness, localized wetness/dryness, flow, )

Texture - there're two slider controls for texture under the 'Paper Material' tab. One for basic paper texture, the other for pigment influence on the paint texture.

overall wetness - in the Paper Operation tab. See the water drop icon in the 'Moisture /Tilt' panel. There's option for wetting the whole paper or just add water to already-painted area. Flow is controlled by paper tilt - just drag the paper in the 'Moisture /Tilt' panel.

> 2. Brush ( wet / dry brushes, evenness, unevenness, how to vary opacity, )

What you call evenness is probably what i call 'scratchness' - please see the 'Controls' panel in the Brush tab. Wetness is under 'Color Loading' tab instead of 'Brush' tab. You can drag up and down on that big water drop icon to adjust wetness, or just use hotkeys 'q' 'w'.

> 3. color. ( how to create opaque color, how to create diluted watery color, How to add water to an existing stroke, )

Diluted color is simply to use less color (lighter color = less pigment) but with a high wetness in the Color Loading tab. You can pick the 'Clear' preset, or quickly toggle to 'no color' via hotkey 'O' ( = same control 'no color' icon under the 'Mode' panel) for a quick adding of pure water onto existing strokes.

Opacity is controlled by how layers are composited together. Please see the 'Controls' panel in the Layers tab. Right now, our simulated watercolor/ink is basically semi-transparent (just like in real watercolor) and the opacity is only controlled by layer composition (or the Alpha Mode during Snapshot Export). Having more opacity control would be a piece of future work.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

tutorials needed Empty layer merge

Post  sanje on Fri 23 Aug 2019, 11:23 pm

Thanks ! those tips were very helpful
Please see the two attachments . One shows the work when layers are separate and the other after merging, the merged area becomes dark
How can I merge the layers so they stay the same as when they are separate? Thanks
Attachments
tutorials needed Attachment
1.jpg (99 Kb) Downloaded 20 times
tutorials needed Attachment
2.jpg (80 Kb) Downloaded 16 times

sanje

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 24 Aug 2019, 4:06 pm

I'm sorry the wrong blending result should be a bug. I'll try to fix it soon.

Normally, Layer Merge is not recommended unless you have non-overlapping strokes between two layers, because sharp edges would be lost in merging. When you run out of layers, an alternative would to be use 'SnapDown' (see the 'Background (Underlay)' panel) to render the layers as raster snapshots and put it on to the Background image. You lose the ability to further change the snapped layers within Expresii, but you can save the layers as a separate Artwork file before you SnapDown and get back to them if needed.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down