Expresii
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please use Settings Window's 'Update' button (also, update if 'registration expired')

Go down

Please use Settings Window's 'Update' button (also, update if 'registration expired') Empty Please use Settings Window's 'Update' button (also, update if 'registration expired')

Post  Admin Fri 11 Dec 2015, 11:04 am

Since yesterday (2015/12/10) the Auto Update Check function was broken. Please manually do a update by pressing the 'Update' button on the Settings window - and after your app is updated the auto check should work again.

2016/1/1: Please update your app when you see 'registration expired'. If you still get an old copy before 2015/12/10, please use the Update button on the Settings window.

Last edited by Admin on Sun 03 Jan 2016, 12:14 am; edited 3 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Please use Settings Window's 'Update' button (also, update if 'registration expired') Empty Re: Please use Settings Window's 'Update' button (also, update if 'registration expired')

Post  Nick Fri 11 Dec 2015, 8:47 pm

Doesn't work for me. During installation I got an error "access violation at adress...etc"
Also I got an error "X.exe stoped" if I try to run the program while not connected to the internet.
Any idea of those?
Thank you!

Nick

Back to top Go down

Please use Settings Window's 'Update' button (also, update if 'registration expired') Empty Re: Please use Settings Window's 'Update' button (also, update if 'registration expired')

Post  Nick Fri 11 Dec 2015, 9:01 pm

Edit
The error message I got when trying to install the update (and after the "access violation message") is:
"Setup was unable to automatically close all applications. It is recommended that you close all applications using files that need to be updated be setup before continuing - Click retry to try again, Ignore to proceed anyway, or Abort to cancel installation"

Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 12 Dec 2015, 10:12 am

Thanks for your messages. For the "Setup was unable to automatically close all applications...", please try killing 'x.exe' in the Task Manager, and click 'retry'. This error could happen when Expresii didn't exit on time before the Installer starts. Now, if you get  "X.exe stopped" even when just to start Expresii, it's likely that the previous update process already overridden some files so that Expresii couldn't start normally. If so, please just download it again (http://bit.ly/1jSnKny).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Sat 12 Dec 2015, 6:32 pm

Thanx for replying!
Well, it seems the app doesn't work properly in my machine:
I killed "X.exe" in the task manager and finally got the installation to be completed, but then when I first launched the app it freezed while loading features and finally crashed. Then, when I restarted the app it was still displaying the older update version (2015/12/10) on the welcome screen (the update didn't take place?).
Also it is still impossible to run the app while off-line (got the "X.stopped error") although I uninstalled and reinstalled expresii via the link you provided. It seems it needs some data downloaded directly from the internet in order for the application to run.
And a last question: While on the program I don't seem to be able to switch the layer I am working on. The only workable layer between the two, seems to be always the upper one, so unless I swap I can't work on the lower layer. Is this a bug of the installation or is it intentional feature of the program?
Again thanks in advance for your reply!

Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 12 Dec 2015, 11:26 pm

Thanks for your more information and sorry for the hassle. I just tested on my machine unplugged from the internet and Expresii worked just fine. Can you tell me if it required internet for you since your first run?
I also tested on another machine and Expresii updated fine to 2015/12/11 there. hm... I will see if there're more users reporting similar situations.

For the layers - that's actually a 'feature'. I know you guys must be used to selecting a layer and then paint on it, but right now Expresii has its Active Layer always the top layer. A later version would have the UI behave more like other apps where you just click on the layer to make it 'active'. For now, you can use the hotkey 'L' to quickly toggle the layers if clicking on the UI is too slow for you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Sun 13 Dec 2015, 12:21 am

Yes, I wouldn't be able to lunch the app since my first istallation unless I was online! The reason I checked this out so early is because I don't have any anti-virus protection running on windows so I avoid serfing the web using windows. I just connected to download the app and then immediatly disconected to use it and got the "X.exe stopped" error. Then I connected back to the internet, ran the app, and the program just loaded normaly! And so far the program only runs this way for me.
If I had an anti-virus software installed I would think that it is maybe the anti-virus settings causing all the troubles. But since I haven't got one, and the only protection comes from windows firewall perhaps there's something going on with windows itself. Perhaps I should make some settings on windows to troubleshot this.
--
OK I see now how it works with the layers. It's also OK for me this way, I just wanted to know wether it's about a bug or not.
Thanks for your replies! It's a great app by the way, I'm sure it's going to improve and become a unique software!

Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 13 Dec 2015, 10:31 am

Thanks for more info again! Expresii would check for internet connection but it doesn't know if it's blocked by firewall. I just tried having firewall blocking Expresii - on my machine, Expresii still starts and runs fine (although if I press 'Update' button it'd give error). Actually Expresii is supposed to require internet as it'd check for Gumroad license, but it shouldn't just crash without internet.

Sorry, but I don't have any idea why it won't work on your machine right now. Rolling Eyes

FWIW, I also don't have any third-part anti-virus installed - I just have Windows' own "Defender" running.

Thanks for your kind words! Will keep updating the app. Smile

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Wed 16 Dec 2015, 5:47 am

Hello,
Just to give you some new feedback: After some windows repair I finally managed to install the newer update (2015/12/14). The automatic update checker won't appear on the welcome screen though, and the problem with the application not starting while off-line still exists ("X.exe has stopped" error). From a little search on the web I found a possible solution with this error. It is suggested that you should change DEP settings (Data Execution Prevention) a change that usually requires a system restart in order for the changes to take effect. But when I restart and go to the DEP settings I see that the changes I've made have not been saved. So I must assume that the problems mentioned here are most likely due to my system's errors than the application's itself.

Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 16 Dec 2015, 11:39 am

The auto check in Expresii, by default, is set to check only once every day, and that means it'd wait for 24 hours since last check. You can change it to on 'every start' though.

Thanks for your info on DEP setting. I use InnoSetup to make Expresii's setup package. I didn't opt for requiring a system restart in InnoSetup. I looked up DEP with Innosetup but haven't found anything that seems to be a solution...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down