Expresii
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having trouble finding some options in the program

Go down

Having trouble finding some options in the program Empty Having trouble finding some options in the program

Post  Dallas Robinson Sun 27 Mar 2016, 5:53 am

Hello, I have some questions for you and it may be that i'm just looking in the wrong areas for them

1.) how to I paint "wet on wet". for example the paper is wet and a wet brush is being applied to it. I see the option for brush wetness but not paper wetness

2.) Masking. how to i mark an area so that i can't paint over it

3.) Import in a drawing. I'm trying to import in an under drawing to paint over like I would in RL watercolors but i can't seem to open or import any files other than the native .xaw files.

thanks again for your time

Dallas Robinson

Back to top Go down

Having trouble finding some options in the program Empty Re: Having trouble finding some options in the program

Post  Admin Sun 27 Mar 2016, 5:12 pm

Hi,

1. You can first use a clear wet brush to make part of the paper wet. Then, paint on the already-wet area. (see 'WET PAINT' in http://www.expresii.com/files/theme/ExpresiiUserGuide.pdf)

2. There's no masking function for now, but you can use Eraser to eraser the parts you don't want afterwards.

3. You can use the Underlay or the Overlay, as a reference image. (see IMPORT in the Guide linked above)

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have more questions. Very Happy

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Having trouble finding some options in the program Empty Re: Having trouble finding some options in the program

Post  Dallas Robinson Sun 27 Mar 2016, 7:38 pm

oh, thank you for getting back to me. 2, and 3 are solved now but it took a bit of tinkering to figure out how to do number one. the guide doesn't really say how to make a water only brush in the section you pointed too.

WET PAINT
When your brush is wet enough (Wetness Level >6), you will see ink deposited on paper start to spread. Lay
down more ink/moisture to see more flow and dispersion. You can try wetting the paper first with a wateronly
brush, and then add ink onto the wet area to get soft edges.

It was under 'Loading'

the easiest way i have found is to just make a new brush and call it "water only" and then just leave it blank. i think what was tripping me up is that by default the brush is pre loaded with pigment (black to clear) as opposed to how I work in RL with paint in which i have to start off by actually priming my canvas, (masking areas) and then adding color. So it's just a change in work flow :-).

Also, have you thought about adding a 'Salt Crystals' feature?

Dallas Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 27 Mar 2016, 7:43 pm

Sorry for the confusion. Yup, you do it by just clearing the loading to get a clear brush. There's a little 'x' button besides the loading bar that clears the loading. And, to be exact, you should be creating a new 'Loading preset' instead of a brush.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down