Expresii
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Fixed] Tool window disappearing bug

4 posters

Go down

[Fixed] Tool window disappearing bug Empty [Fixed] Tool window disappearing bug

Post  qwerty42 Mon 27 Mar 2017, 4:39 am

Hi,

First, thanks for this wonderful software. I've used just about every software paint program out there and Expresii can do things in a way that no other software can match (I also use Rebelle, but there are a number of things about Expresii that have quickly made it my favorite).

I don't know if it's just my computer, but I'm encountering an issue with the tool window when I'm in fullscreen mode, or when the Expresii window is maximized and the tool window is overlaid on top.

For this to happen, auto roll-up on the tool window is disabled. Then, if I hover my cursor over the tool window, and then move it back over the painting, the tool window disappears for a second and then pops back. This is kinda distracting but not really the issue. The bigger problem is that, if I move my cursor back to where the tool window *used to be* before it reappears, it does not come back. I have to toggle fullscreen with F11 before it reappears.

Here's a video that shows it happening:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/lkm4ojn5kl7k0pi/expresii%20window%20bug.flv?dl=0

There are quite a few times in using the software that I just happen to move my cursor through the area where the tool window was, causing it to permanently vanish. Hope this can be fixed!

My system specs are: Windows 8.1, Nvidia GTX970M (it's a laptop so also has Intel HD graphics--I've tried running Expresii on both graphics processors and they both have this issue). I've updated my graphics card drivers and that didn't help either.

Thanks again for the great software!

qwerty42

Back to top Go down

[Fixed] Tool window disappearing bug Empty Re: [Fixed] Tool window disappearing bug

Post  wujian Mon 27 Mar 2017, 1:52 pm

Hi In your video the tool panel disappear and re-appear on its own. If it's the case I think the same here with me.

wujian

Back to top Go down

[Fixed] Tool window disappearing bug Empty Re: [Fixed] Tool window disappearing bug

Post  qwerty42 Mon 27 Mar 2017, 4:45 pm

wujian wrote:Hi In your video the tool panel disappear and re-appear on its own. If it's the case I think the same here with me.

That's correct, but the bigger issue is that if you move the brush to where the tool panel was before it reappears, it doesn't come back at all (I demonstrated this in the video too). You have to minimize the entire app or toggle fullscreen with F11 to make it reappear.

qwerty42

Back to top Go down

Post  wujian Mon 27 Mar 2017, 6:20 pm

That should be an issue to be fixed by the developer. Right now you may press F12 to toggle the main view port and the tool panel side by side to get a maximum view.

wujian

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 28 Mar 2017, 10:24 am

Thanks for the report!

That disappearing altogether bug also annoys me, and like wujian said, I had to toggle windows fullscreen etc to get it back. I'll fix that soon. Wink Sorry about that.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  qwerty42 Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:08 am

No problem, and great work on Expresii! It's a brilliant piece of work Smile

qwerty42

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 31 Mar 2017, 3:50 pm

This has been fixed in update 2017-03-30. Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lars Fri 31 Mar 2017, 9:23 pm

Admin wrote:This has been fixed in update 2017-03-30. Very Happy
Good job! Have installed the update and can confirm, the problem seems to be fixed - at least in Expresii.  Very Happy
Unfortunately, the app menu now remains always in the screen foreground, no matter what program I'm toggling using icons from the Windows task bar.
No big issue, you first have to minimize Expresii main window to hide the App Menu.
And there seems to be a small problem with the help now.
When F1 is pressed, the keyboard shortcuts window pops up, but when you try to reach the scroll bar, the help window disappears at once.
Unless your mouse pointer is exactly positioned in that screen area where the help pops up.
Attachments
[Fixed] Tool window disappearing bug Attachment
Greenshot_000291.png (244 Kb) Downloaded 262 times

Lars

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 01 Apr 2017, 11:07 am

Thanks for your feedback!

hm... I'm on Win7 too, but I don't find the issue with the Help window.

I was able to switch to another app completely without the always-on-top Expresii Setting window blocking the way. Yes, it does block sometimes, but then I just need to click on the app that I want to switch to twice.  I'll see if I can eliminate the need for the second click.

Last edited by Admin on Sun 02 Apr 2017, 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  qwerty42 Sun 02 Apr 2017, 6:30 am

Hi Admin, I'm on Win8.1 and it's working great for me. I don't seem to have either of the issues Lars reported on my system. Thank you very much for fixing this so quickly! cheers Smile

qwerty42

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down