Expresii
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mystic "future app"

2 posters

Go down

mystic "future app" Empty mystic "future app"

Post  bewitched Mon 23 Jul 2018, 11:38 pm

I accidentally found interesting phrase in Expresii' blog of October 2016 (after Expresii release):
"In the future, we might create a new app specific for this ancient Eastern art form, making it easy for users to use subtle ink effects.."
What does it mean under "Eastern art form"? - Guóhuà 国画 (Gōngbǐ 工笔 and Xiěyì 写意) ? But I was thinking Expresii is app for them - is not it?
Please tell about this mentioned "specific" app plans - is some thing going behind curtain, or it is just scrapped plans.
My actual intention and interest when I bought Expresii were Gōngbǐ and Xiěyì (also it's potential for western watercolour but you already kinda explained it in another topic), so it is very related subject for me.
More options like different types papers (like Shú xuān 熟宣 and Mián zhǐ zhǐ 棉紙) suitable for Gōngbǐ, some different types of inks probably? So what it is about?

bewitched

Back to top Go down

mystic "future app" Empty Re: mystic "future app"

Post  Admin Thu 26 Jul 2018, 2:19 pm

That was about a calligraphy-specific app. Smile

And frankly, Expresii is not so much meant for Gongbi, at least not for now, because we believe the Gongbi (fine-line) style can already be done in other vector programs.

And in a way, current Expresii can already mimic the behavior of 熟宣. We treat 熟宣 as not so absorbent paper and we do have GUI for such control.

And thanks for reading our blog. Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  bewitched Thu 26 Jul 2018, 4:29 pm

Admin wrote:That was about a calligraphy-specific app. Smile

And frankly, Expresii is not so much meant for Gongbi, at least not for now, because we believe the Gongbi (fine-line) style can already be done in other vector programs.

And in a way, current Expresii can already mimic the behavior of 熟宣. We treat 熟宣 as not so absorbent paper and we do have GUI for such control.

And thanks for reading our blog.  Laughing
  Yeah, i experimented with absorbent properties, but i think i will need to spend some little more time with using it before share my thooughts. ..at least new paper textures not cost extra $10 like in rebelle Laughing

About Gonbi (options for more opaque, "thicker" and not so spreading paint) - i still think it is very valuable option, as it's pretty inconvinient to switch back and forth between apps to make some changes and editions, and it would help not to interrupt that unique "authentic" painting feeling what Expresii gives, and of course other apps not have such brush simulation as Expresii. So i hope you'll add such features on your "to do" list Very Happy  - with all my respect to all your research and job done - i guess, simulating only calligraphy and 写意 (even such good one) is not enough to make big splash for commercial success - a lot of western (or more precise would say "all out of asia region") people (artists) expect app to have "european" type of watercolor tools (not to mention oil, pastel or acrylic) and i guess a lot of artist in asia too - becuase it has developed some european watercolor traditions in past decades and even have some very renowned brads of watercolors like Holbein i.e., and options to mimic fine ink art styles like Gongbi could become Expresii even more popular for asian artists (and some people out of it, like me i.e.).

Just some of my thoughts, hopes and wishes..oh, and some HB,2B pencil simulation tool would be VERY useful for sketching (scaning is not a useful option, and often is not even possible), and may be some Seal stamping tool (with some options for randomization of seal past ink stamp' footprint and it's color) - because, you know, what is chinese art without seals  Very Happy  (post edit in photoshop is possible of course..but we are talking about "authentic chinese art app" wright? ~_^).

p.s.: have recieved a package from China in a mail today - some ink sticks, brushes, raw and "cooked" xuan paper, and other Gohua stuff - so, i think, you can be proud - your mission for popularisation of chinese' culture is pretty successful Laughing

bewitched

Back to top Go down

mystic "future app" Empty Agreed

Post  Nicholas75 Sun 13 Jan 2019, 7:36 pm

I second this last post, and agree about the ink pen/Gongbi, with fuller, less expressive strokes with more subtle ink effects.
And of course a Mac version would be great. It is now possible to convert Open GL based apps to Metal via the Molten GL add on.
Expresii is great and has no competition whatsoever!

Nicholas75

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down