Expresii
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any way to exclude the ref image when sample color?

2 posters

Go down

Any way to exclude the ref image when sample color? Empty Any way to exclude the ref image when sample color?

Post  hiroober Thu 13 Aug 2020, 9:22 am

Any way to exclude the ref image when sample color? Annota10
I use a draft drawn in other software and import it as a reference image, then when I eyedrop the pigment from the stroke I just did, there is no way to exclude the ref image. If I use a photo as ref image, it makes sense to sample from the photo, but I use an outline drawing as ref, then when I eyedrop it, it only takes white from the white paper in the draft. The only workaround I found is to turn the ref image off temporarily and eyedrop the pigment, then turn it back on.

I was thinking it'll solve the problem if there's a switch to allow exclude the ref. Currently there's only the other way around, which is to only sample from the ref image. I assume it's quite a common behavior to import a pre-drawn draft to Expresii, then start to paint it, and sample the strokes we just did to keep the consistency of the color.

hiroober

Back to top Go down

Any way to exclude the ref image when sample color? Empty Re: Any way to exclude the ref image when sample color?

Post  Admin Thu 13 Aug 2020, 8:36 pm

Thanks for your feedback. I'll add that option in the next release. Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://expresii.forumotion.net

hiroober likes this post

Back to top Go down

Any way to exclude the ref image when sample color? Empty Re: Any way to exclude the ref image when sample color?

Post  hiroober Mon 17 Aug 2020, 6:49 am

Appreciate it! Thank you for the quick response! Very Happy Very Happy

hiroober

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 21 Aug 2020, 6:47 pm

FYI, more toggle options for the eyedropper are added to the latest version 2020.08.21. Let me know if it doesn't work for you. Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://expresii.forumotion.net

hiroober likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  hiroober Mon 24 Aug 2020, 8:10 am

Admin wrote:FYI, more toggle options for the eyedropper are added to the latest version 2020.08.21. Let me know if it doesn't work for you. Very Happy
Expresii must be the most responsive software I've ever used! I appreciate it! The new ver. works perfectly. Very Happy Very Happy

hiroober

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down