Expresii
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This program IS AMAZING! (I also have a question)

2 posters

Go down

This program IS AMAZING! (I also have a question) Empty This program IS AMAZING! (I also have a question)

Post  Danrileycg Thu 11 Jun 2020, 10:21 am

Hey Nelson,

Firstly, this program is amazing! This is such a unique approach to an art program. I love how you can 'fill' the brush with multiple pigments by applying pressure to the colors when selecting them. I also live the dynamic cursor that just works so well. There's a lot to love here... especially the watercolor dynamics (obviously). I downloaded the trial to test this out and will probably purchase a full license.

I wanted to try using the brush as more of a ink brush but I found that when I made quicker strokes I was having these lighter "spots" popping up throughout my stroke. If I move a lot more slowly they won't be there, but I wasn't able to find a way around this. I'll attach an example. Ideally I'd like it to be thick black paint where the texture and shape change as my pressure and angle differ.

This program IS AMAZING! (I also have a question) TT7lbou

Also, Nelson did you make this program by yourself or do you have a team working on this with you? Either way it's really neat! Smile

Thanks,
Dan

Danrileycg

Back to top Go down

This program IS AMAZING! (I also have a question) Empty Re: This program IS AMAZING! (I also have a question)

Post  Admin Sat 13 Jun 2020, 5:03 pm

Thanks for your compliments and feedback!  Those 'spots' are a result of the way I program it to give continuous ink flow (a bit like stamping spacing in e.g. Photoshop). Sorry about that. Because of your feedback, I'll give more priority to finding a way to alleviate the situation.

Yup, it's pretty much me alone. So you see I'm kept busy constantly.  Embarassed
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

This program IS AMAZING! (I also have a question) Empty Re: This program IS AMAZING! (I also have a question)

Post  Danrileycg Sat 13 Jun 2020, 7:32 pm

Oh okay. So in that sense it's acting similar to what happens in Photoshop if you uncheck the spacing where your speed determines the spacing and if you go too fast eventually the stamp spaces too far apart. Obviously this doesn't happen if you force the spacing to be a specific percentage in Photoshop. Still, amazing program! I can't imagine how you made such an amazing program yourself, you should be proud! Keep up the amazing work!

Best,
Dan

Danrileycg

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 02 Jul 2020, 11:32 pm

So, I realized that it was a mistake I made since version 2020-05-28 that exaggerated that dash line effect. Now with version 2020.07-02, I've fixed that mistake. So, now you can get some clean lines again:  Very Happy
This program IS AMAZING! (I also have a question) Captur26

I have a passion for visual art and that drove my persistence and dedication. I also happen to have an interest in programming. I read the one who took care of the "science" of Adobe Fresco's watercolor is B. Kim:
https://research.adobe.com/news/fresco-the-future-of-painting-born-of-a-union-of-art-and-science/

who describes himself as "very far from artistic".  Kim is probably is very good technical guy, but it seems it's Ito's idea of 'forget the real-world physics of paint, and focus on making a watercolor tool that “feels right” to an artist' that really drove the design of their watercolor implementation. To me, their watercolor doesn't really "feel right".  I feel that it takes someone who is both creative and technical in order to solve such a hard problem because a lot can be lost in the communication between the technical & the artistic.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down