Expresii
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lazy Nezumi Pro compatibility (was: lazyneumi bug)

2 posters

Go down

Lazy Nezumi Pro compatibility (was: lazyneumi bug) Empty Lazy Nezumi Pro compatibility (was: lazyneumi bug)

Post  sanje Wed 21 Aug 2019, 9:55 am

I am on windows 10. Just installed Lazyneumi. I tried using the Smooth pulled string preset with the rulers set to elliptical.
It works fine but when I move the center of the ellipse to another point in the canvas, Expresii freezes. It deposits paint at the point I start but it
does not follow the circumference of the ellipse but stays stuck at the starting point. When I quit out of Lazyneumi, the problem in Expresii stays
which suggests that the bug is in Expresii. Please take a look. Thanks

sanje

Back to top Go down

Lazy Nezumi Pro compatibility (was: lazyneumi bug) Empty Re: Lazy Nezumi Pro compatibility (was: lazyneumi bug)

Post  Admin Wed 21 Aug 2019, 10:09 pm

I looked at what went wrong. It's mainly due to NLP stealing the foreground window (standard function GetForegroundWindow() would return a different value) and once it's changed, our own functions are messed up. So, it's incompatibility rather than a bug.  Afterall, it's NLP that intercepts the functions trying to inject its own functions into other programs. Smile

[2019-09-01 update] Now the latest version (since 2019-09-01) works with NLP (for some systems - see later this thread):
https://expresii.s3.ap-east-1.amazonaws.com/rdtr/Expresii_Setup.zip
(those previously donwloaded verison 2019.08.21, please down from the above link and install over v2019.08.21, because v2019.08.21 has a bug in app updating)

Lazy Nezumi Pro compatibility (was: lazyneumi bug) Untitl13

not completely issue free, but okay to work with: if you use stylus, when you drag the control points of LNP, Expresii would still deposit ink as if brush is pressed down. You can either perform an undo, or just use a mouse to adjust the control nodes instead.  Sometimes, hotkey doesn't work but you can just use your stylus to do a press-down (and then do a undo to remove the unwanted paint deposition), and then hotkeys would work again.

I make it an user option for now:
Lazy Nezumi Pro compatibility (was: lazyneumi bug) Untitl14

See if it runs okay on your system. Cheers. Very Happy

Last edited by Admin on Sun 01 Sep 2019, 3:33 pm; edited 4 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Lazy Nezumi Pro compatibility (was: lazyneumi bug) Empty lazyneumi bug

Post  sanje Thu 22 Aug 2019, 7:17 am

Thanks !

sanje

Back to top Go down

Lazy Nezumi Pro compatibility (was: lazyneumi bug) Empty Re: Lazy Nezumi Pro compatibility (was: lazyneumi bug)

Post  Admin Fri 23 Aug 2019, 12:29 pm

Further testing results from my side:

We don't get modification by Lazy Nezumi Pro (LNP) on the mouse pointer coordinates as reported by our standard MouseMove event handler on certain machines (Surface Book 2 and Surface Go) if we use the Surface Pen. However, using a mouse give the expected coordinates modification by LNP.  But the same Expresii running on a Surface Pro 4 is fine for both Surface Pen and mouse.

And I don't understand why.

Our own testing summary:
What works: Mouse, Wacom, Surface Pen on Surface Pro 4
What doesn't work: Surface Pen on Surface Go & Surface Book 2
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Lazy Nezumi Pro compatibility (was: lazyneumi bug) Empty Still problems with LNP

Post  cloud62 Sat 27 Nov 2021, 8:29 am

Hi all, I got LNP today and tried it with Expresii (on WIN 10 Pro). I spent several hours to find out what the incompatibility issue would be. Expresii and LNP works well once the Expresii window is hooked to LNP. Any ruler can be used, and pressure sensitivity is present as expected. Also NLP can be switched on and off via hotkey Ctrl-F2. However, as soon as I change the NLP preset or used mouse or pen to switch it on/off, I will lose pressure sensitivity in Expresii - can draw only a very thin line. The only thing to get pressure back on is a restart of Expresii. The LNP compatibility checkbox will not bring any change. Also swithing between wintab and windows ink mode will not change anything (except wintab works better than windows ink independent of using LNP or not). I have this issue only with Expresii, not with Krita, and neither with Rebelle 4. So I assume that Expresii has a bug concerning the tablet API (using the latest HUION driver for a HUION Kamvas Pro 16).
I hope this can be resolved soon, as working without stabilizers is a bit cumbersome. Cheers Sad

cloud62

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 28 Nov 2021, 12:29 am

Hi Cloud62, I installed latest NLP and took a look again and I think I've fixed the compatibility (you still need to check the NLP compatibility checkbox in Expresii). Please update Expresii. Switching NLP preset working for me. Dragging NLP control point also works fine now.  Tested with Wacom pen. The only issues now: 1. if I use mouse, the stroke would have an extra 'tail' when the mouse cursor snaps back to the position it's actually at when it's no longer controlled by NLP. 2. some hotkeys like 'C' don't work (not sure why).  Please let me know if it works for you. Thanks!

p.s. It's not a bug in Expresii with stylus API. It was due to the way I check if Expresii's main window is in focus breaks when the foreground window is changed by NLP.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down