Expresii
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expresii can't launch or run on my Surface Book

2 posters

Go down

Expresii can't launch or run on my Surface Book Empty Expresii can't launch or run on my Surface Book

Post  Tianrong Zhang Sun 25 Feb 2018, 10:03 pm

I tried both UWP and win32 versions. When I use the integrated graphic card, there raises access violation. When I use the nvidia graphic card, the application stuck at the starting page. See the enclosed image for details.
Attachments
Expresii can't launch or run on my Surface Book Attachment
image.jpg (629 Kb) Downloaded 284 times

Tianrong Zhang

Back to top Go down

Expresii can't launch or run on my Surface Book Empty Re: Expresii can't launch or run on my Surface Book

Post  Admin Sun 25 Feb 2018, 10:55 pm

hm... is it a Surface book 1 or 2? And you already have your drivers up-to-date?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Expresii can't launch or run on my Surface Book Empty Re: Expresii can't launch or run on my Surface Book

Post  Tianrong Zhang Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:25 pm

It's SurfaceBook 1 and I think all drivers are up-to-date, as I check for updates manually quite frequently. Actually, I tried the UWP free trial once two years ago and it worked.

Last edited by Tianrong Zhang on Mon 26 Feb 2018, 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add more details)

Tianrong Zhang

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 26 Feb 2018, 12:07 am

If you ran Expresii Win32 version long time ago, it might be some old setting causing trouble. You can try to do a Factory Reset from the Start Menu to clear all the saved settings and see if it helps.
Sorry, but there's no Factory Reset command for the Store Version yet.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tianrong Zhang Mon 26 Feb 2018, 12:10 am

I tried the factoryreset.bat but it made no difference.

Tianrong Zhang

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 26 Feb 2018, 8:36 am

hm...sorry to hear that. From your screenshot, it's the Intel Graphics .dll that gives the error, so it's probably some issue with the Intel Graphics driver when you're using the Intel GPU. And I still not sure why even the Nvidia GPU have Expresii stuck at startup. And too bad I don't have the exact hardware to verify... Sad
I do have a laptop with nvidia 750M on Win10 and it works fine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tianrong Zhang Mon 26 Feb 2018, 10:15 am

Thank you anyway. However, since on the official website, there're many demos that are performed on Surface, I think it will be delighting if you work on this issue. I deleted all registries that involves Expresii but made no difference. So, I'm assuming that perhaps, Expresii hasn't been compatible with recent driver and firmware updates, for instance "NVIDIA - Display - 10/19/2017 12:00:00 AM - 23.21.13.8808" and "Intel Corporation - Display - 9/23/2017 12:00:00 AM - 91.1926.768.0" which were installed on my device around the end of last year. You can find the list of all updates on the following webpage: support.microsoft.com/zh-cn/help/4023488/surface-surface-book-update-history

Last edited by Tianrong Zhang on Mon 26 Feb 2018, 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add some more information)

Tianrong Zhang

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 26 Feb 2018, 9:42 pm

Thanks for your information.
The intel driver on my New Surface Pro is Build 22.20.16.4749 - and windows says it's the latest. I see from the webpage you provided, Surface Book has an update 'Intel Corporation – 显示 – 22.20.16.4811' on '2018 年 1 月更新 1 月 10 日发布'
I wonder if you could update to use that driver and maybe that might help.

And it seems strange that your Intel driver is '91.1926.768.0' because the driver number we have starts with 20-something instead of 90-something.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tianrong Zhang Mon 12 Mar 2018, 7:47 pm

Everything works generally OK now (but it is quite slow or give no response when I am at the registration window), after I reinstalled the Windows. When I force the software to use the discrete graphic card, there raises a RAM violation sometimes.

Tianrong Zhang

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 27 Apr 2018, 10:37 pm

I just got hold of a Surface Book 2. I did experience Expresii getting stuck on startup, or giving error on shutdown. But strangely, after several runs, it now runs fine as normal. Rolling Eyes
I also have 64-bit version of Expresii (not released to public yet) installed there, and strangely, it won't start, until I first run the 32-bit version of Expresii.
Anyway, now both versions run fine.
And I have similar experience for the Store version.

One possible explanation is that Windows Defender was checking the app???
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 27 Apr 2018, 10:44 pm

I was able to easily choose Nvidia GPU for use with Expresii desktop versions. But for the Store version, the app is not listed, so I have to 'Add' and choose from my recent list of apps, and now everything seems fine. Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down