Expresii
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

64-bit version now at Store (was: [ATTENTION] for Store version users: Run latest Store version once to migrate settings to 64-bit version)

2 posters

Go down

64-bit version now at Store (was: [ATTENTION] for Store version users: Run latest Store version once to migrate settings to 64-bit version) Empty 64-bit version now at Store (was: [ATTENTION] for Store version users: Run latest Store version once to migrate settings to 64-bit version)

Post  Admin Fri 10 Jan 2020, 6:05 pm

Finally figured out a plan to deploy 64-bit version of the Store app. Those using the Store app, please run your Expresii at least once when you're on version 1.0.78.0 (it'd display version 2020.01.08 on the splash screen), so that a file named ExpresiiSettings.zip is exported to your 'My Documents' folder automatically when you exit your current copy of 32-bit Expresii.

When most Store app users have done the above, we'll deploy the 64-bit version of the Store version of Expresii, which would read that ExpresiiSettings.zip automatically to have all your settings migrated.

When we submit both 32-bit and 64-bit versions to the Store, Windows 10 would automatically select the 64-bit version if your OS is 64-bit.

Last edited by Admin on Wed 08 Apr 2020, 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

64-bit version now at Store (was: [ATTENTION] for Store version users: Run latest Store version once to migrate settings to 64-bit version) Empty Re: 64-bit version now at Store (was: [ATTENTION] for Store version users: Run latest Store version once to migrate settings to 64-bit version)

Post  Admin Wed 08 Apr 2020, 7:03 pm

Okay after 3 months from the last announcement, now 64-bit version of Expresii is available at MS Store since version 1.0.82.0 (2020.04.08). With 64-bit, you can handle larger files.  

FYI, Expresii is now converted with MSIX Packaging tool from Microsoft (as opposed to the old Desktop App Converter). The output from this tool seems to be always 64-bit. Not sure how to make it output 32-bit version yet, so now the 32-bit version of Expresii at the Store is stuck at 1.0.80.0.  I also can't use back the Desktop App Converter now due to some Windows update that I can't revert (https://docs.microsoft.com/answers/questions/9752/desktop-app-converter-failing-after-cumulative-upd.html).

Anyway, please let me know if you have issue any with the new 64-bit version.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

64-bit version now at Store (was: [ATTENTION] for Store version users: Run latest Store version once to migrate settings to 64-bit version) Empty Re: 64-bit version now at Store (was: [ATTENTION] for Store version users: Run latest Store version once to migrate settings to 64-bit version)

Post  Alexn007 Wed 06 May 2020, 1:23 am

I purchased expressii from Gumroad and not the MS store. Does this mean I cannot update to the 64 bit version? if i try to download from MS store will I be charged again?

Alexn007

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 06 May 2020, 7:54 am

The 64-bit version of Desktop app version of Expresii is actually available much earlier than for the Store version. You can always download it from our website: http://www.expresii.com/download.html

For Desktop version, you can even install both 64 and 32 bit versions on the same computer.
For Store version, I'm afraid you can't install both, since MS Store determines which version to install according to your OS bit version.

FYI, the licensing systems of Gumroad and MS Store are separate, so they won't recognize each other.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexn007 Wed 06 May 2020, 11:07 am

Thanks for the great info! I went ahead and uninstalled the 32bit version and installed the 64bit instead.

Alexn007

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down