Expresii
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the best setting for Chinese caligraphy?

Go down

What is the best setting for Chinese caligraphy? Empty What is the best setting for Chinese caligraphy?

Post  Mingi Lee Thu 24 Sep 2020, 4:29 pm

Hi,
I am trying expresii.
It is awesome.
What is the best setting for Chinese caligraphy?

Mingi Lee

Back to top Go down

What is the best setting for Chinese caligraphy? Empty Re: What is the best setting for Chinese caligraphy?

Post  Admin Tue 29 Sep 2020, 12:55 pm

First, for calligraphy, if your machine is not too fast, you'd like to enable "Fast Mode":
What is the best setting for Chinese caligraphy? 12010810
The above Console is for your quick toggling. This "Fast Mode" is the same as the "Quick Stroke Mode" inside the System Settings dialog. You see we switch to it when starting doing calligraphy on the Lenovo Yoga Duet 7i with an i5 intel CPU:

The Fast Mode pauses the flow simulation and temporarily renders the new stroke with less fidelity when you stroke to achieve faster performance.

Second, note that current Expresii is best for 行書 but not so good at 楷書. I prefer the brush to be a bit dryer, say, wetness = 5 or 6, in order for "scratchiness" 飛白 to show. I usually use the "All Purpose" brush, but some new users are not used to using a deformable brush. If you're one of them, you can use the brush preset "First Try", which is set to not deformable, instead. This preset is there since version 2020.09.20.

Third, try to use a digitizer that supports tilt sensing. It's more expressive when you can use tilt to do calligraphy. Let me know if you have more questions. Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://expresii.forumotion.net

kix likes this post

Back to top Go down