Expresii
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Beginner [hardware for doing Chinese calligraphy]

Go down

For Beginner [hardware for doing Chinese calligraphy] Empty For Beginner [hardware for doing Chinese calligraphy]

Post  Bon Sun 06 Feb 2022, 5:14 pm

Hi, I am new to this forum.  May I know what is the basic hardware requirements for writing Chinese calligraphy by using Expresii? No drawing is needed for the moment.  Thanks

Bon

Back to top Go down

For Beginner [hardware for doing Chinese calligraphy] Empty Re: For Beginner [hardware for doing Chinese calligraphy]

Post  Admin Mon 07 Feb 2022, 5:28 pm

For input, I recommend a graphics tablet with pen tilt sensing, e.g. a Wacom intuos pro. IMHO, a small size one will do, since you don't want your x-y (i.e. along the drawing surface) movement range to be too much larger than your z (i.e. your pen height above the surface) movement range.

For the host machine, if you don't need to be mobile, a normal PC (e.g. with Intel i5 CPU) with a good graphics card (e.g. nvidia GT 1030) would be good if you're on a Full-HD instead of 4K monitor. If your budget is limited, you can also use an AMD APU e.g. Ryzen 3400G so that you already have a good GPU. You can even choose to use the 'Fast Mode' in Expresii, if you're on a slower GPU too.

Let me know if you have further questions. Thanks!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down