Expresii
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the difference between full texture mode or on marks only or no texture

Go down

What's the difference between full texture mode or on marks only or no texture Empty What's the difference between full texture mode or on marks only or no texture

Post  sianzeng Tue 05 May 2020, 8:59 pm

Hi, I exported my artwork using full texture mode as well as no texture and I couldn't see any difference between the 2. Out of curiosity, could you tell me what's the difference between full texture, on marks or no texture export mode? I was exporting as a psd file. Thanks

sianzeng

Back to top Go down

What's the difference between full texture mode or on marks only or no texture Empty Re: What's the difference between full texture mode or on marks only or no texture

Post  Admin Thu 07 May 2020, 10:46 am

Full Texture: paper texture on everything
Marks only: paper texture shows on the marks (strokes) you made only

What's the difference between full texture mode or on marks only or no texture C211

What's the difference between full texture mode or on marks only or no texture C112

And 'No Texture' means no texture on both blank paper and marks.

The problem though is that if you output as PSD, we can't set the blending mode correctly since 1. we're using ImageMagick as the converter, which doesn't allow blending mode setting for PSD, 2. Expresii's blending modes are different from those of PS. The closest you get is probably manually setting it to 'multiply'.  So, even if we can set the blending mode in the output PSD, the look would not be exactly the same. If for exact look, currently you need to export layers combined as PNG/JPG/BMP.  I plan to add standard PS blending modes in Expresii, but that would probably make the paint appear less like real paint.

Another possible reason why you don't see a difference is that you might has set the paper texture and granulation to low values:
What's the difference between full texture mode or on marks only or no texture C310

'Granulation' only applies to the paint marks. If these are set to zero, then there's no difference between exporting as Full Texture, Marks only, and No Texture.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down