Expresii
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is my stylus tilt and pressure sensitivity suddenly not recognized by the Expresii?

3 posters

Go down

Why is my stylus tilt and pressure sensitivity suddenly not recognized by the Expresii? Empty Why is my stylus tilt and pressure sensitivity suddenly not recognized by the Expresii?

Post  Xing Sat 10 Feb 2024, 11:49 am

I tried to split the window so that I could copy on Expresii while looking at the calligraphy works, but Expresii would suddenly freeze, that is, the brushes would not work properly.

Xing

Back to top Go down

Why is my stylus tilt and pressure sensitivity suddenly not recognized by the Expresii? Empty Re: Why is my stylus tilt and pressure sensitivity suddenly not recognized by the Expresii?

Post  Xing Sat 10 Feb 2024, 12:21 pm

My system configuration is as follows
Expresii x64s [Microsoft Store Version] (v.2024.01.13) - 2024.02.10 12:19:18 started
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4600G with Radeon Graphics
Mem Free/Total: 8.8 GB / 15.7 GB
Max Touch Count: 1
GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics; GL 4.6.0 Compatibility Profile Context 23.4.2.230412
Max Texture Size: 16384 Max Output Size: 32768
GPU Mem Free: 488 MB
Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080 (DPI Scale 100%)
LoadLib sucessful: Wintab32.dll
Stylus: Vendor Wintab32.dll (x:50800 y:31750 p:8191 @ 266Hz)
Local IP: 192.168.1.38
BrushUI = 2 | Brush Details: Low
Setting screenOrientation :4
current orientation :0

Xing

Back to top Go down

Why is my stylus tilt and pressure sensitivity suddenly not recognized by the Expresii? Empty Re: Why is my stylus tilt and pressure sensitivity suddenly not recognized by the Expresii?

Post  Xing Sat 10 Feb 2024, 12:41 pm

The software is the Microsoft store version.

Xing

Back to top Go down

Why is my stylus tilt and pressure sensitivity suddenly not recognized by the Expresii? Empty same problem

Post  Luis Tue 13 Feb 2024, 10:02 am

expressi stopped recognizing the pressure and inclination of the brushes, honestly the worst software I have ever bought

Luis

Back to top Go down

Post  pudjakjuzto2 Wed 14 Feb 2024, 3:14 am

no worries, it can be fixed

pudjakjuzto2

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 14 Feb 2024, 10:17 pm

Xing, I have a few questions for you. When you say Expresii freezes, does the UI of Expresii all being non-responsive? From the title of your thread, it looks like only pressure and tilt is not working.

The only thing I can think of that might have caused Expresii to suddenly not reading pressure and tilt properly is that you may accidentally toggled the 'windows ink' option:
Why is my stylus tilt and pressure sensitivity suddenly not recognized by the Expresii? Captur10

And looks like you are using an external pen (i.e. a pen display or tablet of brands like Wacom, Huion, or XP-pen instead of e.g. using a MS Surface) and you've installed pen-tablet's driver as you have 'Vendor Wintab32.dll' in the spec info.

FYI, I've been using MS Store version of Expresii the last several days to paint some dragons, and pressure or tilt works fine for me. As you can see in the screenshot above, I can resize Expresii window to show other apps without problem.

Or, when you say you 'split the window', what exactly are you doing? Do you mean e.g. you use the window snapping feature of Windows 10? i.e. drag the title bar of a window to the left or right side of your screen?

Luis, thanks for your purchase. If you encounter any problem, please report to me here or via support@expresii.com. I'll try my best to help. Honestly, I don't experience any issue with pen pressure and tilt on my devices (including internal pens like on Surface or a few other devices with built-in pen support, or external pens like that of a Wacom). I will need more information from you to diagnose the problem.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Why is my stylus tilt and pressure sensitivity suddenly not recognized by the Expresii? Empty Why is my stylus tilt and pressure sensitivity suddenly not recognized by the Expresii?

Post  Luis Fri 16 Feb 2024, 1:25 am

My system configuration is as follows

Expresii x64 (v.2024.01.13) - 2024.02.14 2:01:15 p. m. started
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Mem Free/Total: 61.1 GB / 65.4 GB
Max Touch Count: 1
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2; GL 4.6.0 NVIDIA 546.33
Max Texture Size: 32768   Max Output Size: 32768
GPU Mem Free/Total: 7.52 GB / 8.00 GB
Screen resolution: 2560 x 1440 (DPI Scale 125%)
LoadLib sucessful: Wintab32.dll
Stylus: Vendor Wintab32.dll (x:44800 y:29600 p:8191 @ 200Hz)
Local IP: 192.168.1.3
LoadLib sucessful: Lib\x64\Wintab64.dll
Stylus: Windows Ink, Windows Pointer Emulation (p:1023)
Setting screenOrientation :4

I use a xp pen 24 pro tablet

Luis

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Feb 2024, 3:20 pm

Hi Luis, thanks for your reply. I see you have an XP Pen, so I also use an XP Pen to test on Win10. I don't experience any loss of pressure and tilt, both when 'Windows Ink' checkbox in Expresii is checked or not.
Why is my stylus tilt and pressure sensitivity suddenly not recognized by the Expresii? 4ichzf10

I wonder if you may have accidentally double-clicked on the text 'Stylus API' so that it turns blue, like this:
Why is my stylus tilt and pressure sensitivity suddenly not recognized by the Expresii? Captur38

That is fur 'sub-pixel accuracy' and using vendor wintab32.dll is not support and the pen input would not function correctly (losing pressure ad tilt). So, please make sure your 'Stylus API' is not blue.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Why is my stylus tilt and pressure sensitivity suddenly not recognized by the Expresii? Empty Thank you!

Post  Luis Sun 18 Feb 2024, 6:39 am

Thank you very much for the response, I followed your instructions and this solved the problem, I appreciate the quick response and I apologize for the words in the previous post!

Luis

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 18 Feb 2024, 12:47 pm

You're welcome Luis! Previously, I thought no one would double-click on that text label (I have it like that just to let me have a convenient way to toggle it as I was working on it). Now that given your feedback, I'll make it not possible to toggle it when 'windows ink' is not checked, in the next update release. Thank you for your feedback!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down