Expresii
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First painting and a question. [admin: about comparison w/ other apps, pen tilt during hover, Snapdown]

2 posters

Go down

First painting and a question. [admin: about comparison w/ other apps, pen tilt during hover, Snapdown] Empty First painting and a question. [admin: about comparison w/ other apps, pen tilt during hover, Snapdown]

Post  chuong Fri 20 Dec 2019, 4:51 pm

Dear Expresii creator:

First I want to thank you for creating such an amazing software. I have tried Rebelle 3, Corel Painter 2020, Fresco, but Expresii is one that can create the most beautiful and realistic watercolor painting. This is my first painting with Expresii and I am very satisfied with the software even though I have yet have the control as I have with real paint brush and real watercolor. It is largely due to the fact that my surface pro 7 does not recognize tilt when hovering the pen. I am looking for a third-party stylus that my surface pro 7 can sense the tilt while hovering.

First painting and a question. [admin: about comparison w/ other apps, pen tilt during hover, Snapdown] Hoa_hu10

While I was painting this, I feel like I don't understand the snap-down feature yet. Is snappin down supposed to combine the active layer and the layer beneath it into one layer? If that the case then I think I have a bug because after the first snap-down, the consecutive snap-down did not combine the two layers at all.

Thank you,
Chuong

chuong

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

First painting and a question. [admin: about comparison w/ other apps, pen tilt during hover, Snapdown] Empty Re: First painting and a question. [admin: about comparison w/ other apps, pen tilt during hover, Snapdown]

Post  Admin Fri 20 Dec 2019, 6:21 pm

Thanks for your compliments! FYI, Surface Go once gave tilt while hovering (but only maybe 1 mm), but after some Windows Update, I don't get it anymore. Other than that, I'm not aware of any pen that give tilt on hover for Surface devices. If you do find one, please let me know too. Smile

Snapdown will either shift one layer down (and snap the bottom-most layer into the background) or shift and snap all layers (see the attached screenshot for the options):
First painting and a question. [admin: about comparison w/ other apps, pen tilt during hover, Snapdown] Untitl15

I just tested on my side. After the first snapdown, subsequence snapdown's work fine for me. Let me know if there's more questions.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

First painting and a question. [admin: about comparison w/ other apps, pen tilt during hover, Snapdown] Empty Re: First painting and a question. [admin: about comparison w/ other apps, pen tilt during hover, Snapdown]

Post  Admin Thu 30 Dec 2021, 1:28 pm

FYI, this year we added the ability to 'settle paint':

With that, you can have multiple glazes on the same layer. This makes the ability to 'snapdown' not as important now.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down