Expresii
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surface Dial not working as shown in the video

2 posters

Go down

Surface Dial not working as shown in the video Empty Surface Dial not working as shown in the video

Post  artzox Thu 07 Sep 2023, 5:16 pm

I recently bought Expresii and the Surface dial.

For some reason it is not working correctly.

I am unable to either rotate or select the brush size.

I only once managed to get into the brush menu but from there the wheel can't make a selection.

Thanks.

artzox

Back to top Go down

Surface Dial not working as shown in the video Empty Re: Surface Dial not working as shown in the video

Post  Admin Fri 08 Sep 2023, 12:48 am

Just checked. My surface dial have been sitting there for a long time with the battery in it but with tha plastic tab there to keep it from conducting. Seeing your question, I took it out but realized the battery actualy leaked, and now my dial is not working. But I do have another alternate dial that mimmics a Surface dial, and it's working for me:

Surface Dial not working as shown in the video Captur37

Not sure why your dial is not working for you. Does it work for other apps?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Surface Dial not working as shown in the video Empty Re: Surface Dial not working as shown in the video

Post  artzox Fri 08 Sep 2023, 2:07 am

Thanks for checking.
I actually ended up setting every shortcut manually.
The menu sometimes shows up on press and sometimes it doesn't and selection takes 2-3 seconds. Overall not very useable.
Thankfully setting up the shortcuts manually I've set works great.

artzox

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 09 Sep 2023, 6:18 pm

FYI, I don't experience 2-3 second delay on my side. Do you experience such a delay for other apps too?

Note that long-press would bring up Windows' radial menu, which is app specific - so you need to have Expresii in foreground to get to the one specific to Expresii. In the radial menu for Expresii, the 2nd last item is 'rotate', which rotates the canvas. The last item is 'brush':
Surface Dial not working as shown in the video Untitl24

After choosing 'Brush', a single press of the dial while Expresii's main window is in foreground brings up the rectangle menu shown in my last post. Not having Expresii's main window in focus may be the cause of 'sometimes it shows' in your experiencce.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  artzox Sat 16 Sep 2023, 9:21 pm

I don't have a problem getting to the Expresii specific menu.
The delay is coming when I get to the menu and try to select something (it switches very slowly from Brush Loading to Wetness, etc.)

I don't really need it anyway now that I programmed everything manually, just not sure why it is not working correctly.

artzox

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 18 Sep 2023, 12:21 am

Thanks for your information. In the latest update of 2023-09-17, I made the Surface Dial 'resolution' to be one, so that each rotation tick makes a change. Please see if this fixes the delay you experienced.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down