Expresii
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can I convert Jpg to Xaw file format.

Go down

How can I convert Jpg to Xaw file format. Empty How can I convert Jpg to Xaw file format.

Post  David 000 Fri 29 Dec 2017, 5:27 am

I use other drawing tool. I want to import *.jpg image and work in the Expresii. Of course I know the Expresii import *.jpg image as background or reference(overlay). But the background image don't affected by ink flow and Deposition Blending.

How can I solve this problem? Please, help me.

David 000

Back to top Go down

How can I convert Jpg to Xaw file format. Empty Re: How can I convert Jpg to Xaw file format.

Post  Admin Fri 29 Dec 2017, 9:22 am

As developer, we tried importing an image to the ink layer but the result doesn't look nice. There's no way to determine which parts are wet or dry. We could only assume the whole piece is all wet and that doesn't produce nice result. We therefore would like users to trace the image with actual strokes (possibly together with eyedropper to get colors from the overlay, which btw, is a nice way of producing painterly look as the colors/ink flows to give colors a bit different from the imported photo/image) to produce a nice looking painting.

Our philosophy is that human strokes are important and after all Expresii is a painting app instead of an image manipulation app. If we allow importing image to the ink layer, what you get is just a blurry version of your image.

Having said that, we could add such a function as a beta feature. I can let you have a version that does that, and see if you like the result. Send us an email at contact@expresii.com so that we can continue the communication privately.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

How can I convert Jpg to Xaw file format. Empty importing png

Post  mojomaca Sat 17 Feb 2018, 5:25 am

I'd like to be able to import a pencil sketch (on a dry layer) - so I can paint it with Expresii.

mojomaca

Back to top Go down

How can I convert Jpg to Xaw file format. Empty Re: How can I convert Jpg to Xaw file format.

Post  Admin Sat 17 Feb 2018, 1:47 pm

IF it is just a pencil sketch that is not meant to interactive with ink, then you can always import that as an Overlay or Underlay.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down