Expresii
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issues with demo version

Go down

Issues with demo version Empty Issues with demo version

Post  newhere Sat 04 Apr 2020, 6:30 am

Hello,

I love the idea of Expresii, however before paying for a license I decided to download the demo (no trial license).

It worked quite ok the first day, then I have nothing, but issues:
- can't undo; simply nothing happens when clicking the undo icon or ctrl+z
- can't create new file; nothing happens when clicking "new" icon
- can't pick up the color; nothing happens when clicking/holding the swatches (but presets work)
- can't change the layers; when i click the layer it just gets hidden (i assume, cause can't check it; it gets barred circle icon)
- can't clear; when i click the "clear" icon nothing happens

Exit works though... Would be a shame to abandon the app before really using it.

I'm on Windows 10 64bit, 12gb ram, i7 4790, gtx1060 6gb.
Expresii x64 v2020.03.22

newhere

Back to top Go down

Issues with demo version Empty Re: Issues with demo version

Post  Admin Sat 04 Apr 2020, 2:43 pm

Thanks for reporting. I just tested the same 2020.03.22 x64 version on Windows 10. All the items you mentioned work for me. FYI, right now we cannot draw directly on a lower layer (to keep the active layer always on top to keep drawing as fast as possible) and this is a limitation of the current implementation of Expresii. So, currently I have it clicking on the layer only hides that particular layer.

It's strange that those other functions don't work for you. Off the top of my head, I couldn't tell what could have gone wrong for your case. If you did install Expresii a while before, factory resetting Expresii might help (thee's a Expresii>Factory Reset option in start menu, or you can go to Expresii's System Settings dialog>General>App Settings). I have a user, who bought Expresii a few years back, recently reporting color clicking not working, but he said factory resetting Expresii fixed it.

Since you're on Windows 10, you might as well try to Store version of Expresii (https://www.microsoft.com/store/p/expresii/9n8jxs6275rg).
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  newhere Sat 04 Apr 2020, 9:49 pm

Thank you for your quick answer.

No, I just installed it 1.5 day ago. It worked fine all the day. The following one - not anymore.

I uninstalled it and installed again today, before seeing your post, and the problem was still there. Then i did the reset as suggested, and it worked. Thank you.
Now will try it for few more days before buying, cause if it happens again - well, resetting the app every day/few days is not worth it, regardless how awesome the app is.

newhere

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 04 Apr 2020, 10:10 pm

Thanks for your more info. I do have several computers here for my testing and I still haven't been able to reproduce the issue here. If I can, I'l try my best to fix it. Sure, I also couldn't tolerate needing to reset it every few days.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://expresii.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down